Re: Mediocrity abounds

That is true.  But there are two guys that have even more experience than
you.

Jon:

And have no possibility of objectivity. It's hard to realize you're special if you're part of something.

50% of the reason that I went to the shows was to support them humanly.  What
if nobody came?

Did I ever suggest, in any way, anywhere, that people not go to the shows?

Irish Jack.  They are not mediocre.

To be fair, what I said was "If I cared about their music less I suppose I'd be a fan of another band. Any old band. Mediocrity abounds in Rock music." Nowhere did I write "Who's Left is mediocre." I was saying many other bands are, and that if I didn't have such a high standard (given by The Who) then it wouldn't matter to me. The part that relates to The Who is that they haven't lived up to the standard I have for them, and I'm disappointed with that.

different views that broaden my view.  Mark, I appreciate the experience that
you have and I also appreciate Lew's, but you both still have your opinions
that differ.

Well, isn't it funny that Lew and I aren't having a problem with each other's views? Actually, it's not, because we're both entitled and we both know it. I am not about to start "analysing" why he feels the way he does...I accept it and support his right to. I don't expect him to jump in my shit either. Nor has he in any way.

That sex may have been damn good, but to live the rest of my life without
any?   I just don't think that I can even imagine that.

Well, using sex as an analogy is weak to start with. It's not sex. It's a celebration of the past. Whoops, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned "the past" since this is about the present and what the band is now, isn't it?

If you celebrate a lot, it lessens the impact. Some things are "once in a lifetime." The other extreme is following a band like a Deadhead. I come in on the first end of the measure, because I'd rather have one single show from each tour to remember as a very special night. And there too, I feel completely satisfied to have my last Who live memory being Atlanta 2000. And for this, I've taken a lot of shit...and told I'm trying to "justify" my decision...but it could as easily be said that those who are raving about this tour are merely justifying their attendence, because the "record" (Encore shows) suggests otherwise. *I* am not going to say that, I say "Enjoy, good for you!" Good for you might not be good for me, and *I* get to decide...what in the Hell is wrong with THAT, I have to wonder. No, when it all comes down to it, I'm getting this shit because I'm not falling in with the party line that this band can do no wrong. If that's what expected of me, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people out there...

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML
faith.yahoo.com