Re: Tommy Russell

In a message dated 10/6/02 6:37:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
whocasa@adelphia.net writes:

> Alan,
> Very eloquent as always :-)
> I must add that Ann-Margaret rolling around in the beans is babe-ilicious!
> Schwing.

I truly laughed out loud at that one!  That to me is the highlight of the
film. I also get a kick out of the facial expressions of Oliver Reed.  Jack
Nicholson's singing isn't THAT bad.  It is A-M's singing that drives me nuts.

I used to hate this movie because I loved the album so much and I refused to
buy the soundtrack because it seemed like a joke to me.  In my eyes it was
leavened by outsiders from the pop world.

As i grew older and less narrow (from getting my ass kicked by life, mainly)
I decided to give it a chance and I understood it differently.  Now I
appreciate it for what it was during that time period. I see what the
sybolism represents, particularly the idol worship in that church scene.
That was pretty smart.  Besides. I like that version of I'm free with none
other than Kenny Jones on drums!  When I was 17, that would have made me burn
the album.  Not Keith Moon?!  Are you crazy?  Wait a minute,  I still want to
know the answer to that!

Jon in Mi.