Re: Who created God (no WHO)

Andrew wrote:

>In support of Helen's comments to Joe, there are two primary messages in the
Old Testament and the New Testament regarding the eternal existence of God.
Helen is right when she suggest that folks should actually READ the Bible
before coming to a conclusion on many of these topics. This is a daunting
task and as a result many just skip the reading and form their own opinions
based on (a) what they remember reading (b) what they remember being taught
in a house of worship (c) pseudo religion picked up from the movies, books,
etc.

Andrew:

Thanks for the education on the Bible.  You didn't answer my question,
and I am not asking you to.  The Bible attempts to answer the question
about Who created God, but I *believe* the answers in the many passages
that you cite are incorrect.  We don't know, period!  They didn't know,
period!

The Bible is just a book.  A book, a book, a Bee-double-O-uukkk!

By the way, I think this thread is weighed down by the Biblical references.
Like all books, the Bible was designed to provoke thought.  In most cases
it has provoked legions of people to follow it to the letter.   This has
enabled many corrupt people to manipulate the text as a way to control
people.   If you believe what is written in the Bible to the letter (i.e.
as fundamental truth) you are not thinking for yourself.  You're under
the control of the authors.

I am not discounting the text as a valuable treatment on how humans should
treat one another.   The big lesson that everybody misses about the
murdering of Jesus, is that his friends abandoned him, and that his
passive behavior to the end eventually led to his death.   Don't get me
wrong, I think that even if Jesus struggled he would have been killed.
He probably had opportunities to broker a deal with the political and
religious leaders and throw his support their way, but he stayed true to
his beliefs.  Hat's off to the guy!  Still don't believe he rose from
the dead, or that he is the son of God.

I understand that their are many Bible scholars on the list that will
disagree with my statements, and that is okay!  :)

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.