Re: Why no opera shows on cd?

> I was wondering why there have never been any of the
> Opera House shows put out on cd of the Tommy shows
> from 1969-70 or so. I do have a bootleg of the
> Amsterdamn show which I believe was supossed to be the
> last show of that tour.

I don't think there are any non-bootleg, decent-sounding recordings
of the opera house performances of TOMMY.

The story goes that most of the shows from '69 were recorded for
a possible live album but, rather than take on the monumental task
of listening to all the shows to see which were suitable, they decid-
ed to record the shows at Leeds University & burn all the other tapes
to prevent bootlegging.

So, we got Leeds.....but we lost the other shows.

- SCHRADE in Akron