Re: You can't get women with only Science

> Theory is theory.  This is an assumption by the human mind of
> things unknown.

I notice you conveniently left out the part about observation &
experimentation which backs the theory up (or refutes it).

> I appreciate the scenery, but I want to see what it is all for.

That's where religion & philosophy comes in.  Nothing wrong with
exploring that.  Enjoy.

> What is love? There is no scientific handle for this.

Bullshit.  That's like asking, "What is hunger?"  It's a chemical re-
sponse created in our brains.  I know that doesn't conform to your
romantic notions of "the play," but it's true nonetheless.  Sorry.

> Why is love so important? Why do we have this capacity?

Because evolution has conditioned us to keep the species going.  Why
do the other animals mate?  Same reason.  We're just animals, Jon.
Just like the other animals on this planet; we humans may be more in-
telligent, but we're animals nonetheless.  No souls either.  Sorry.

> There is not a love atom that I know of.

Ah...spoken just like a second grader.

> He (Pete) is opening us up to something more.

I don't think so.  He's giving us his views but I don't think he's
trying to "open us up."  Look what happened when Tommy started laying
down the dogma.  The faithful revolted.  It all collapsed.  What was
Pete saying there?

> Roger's part is "Be lucky, Make sure..." Quite a difference there.

Oh sure, rip on "Dumb Rog."  Roger very well may be more sensible than
Pete!!  He's definitely not as wishy-washy.

- SCHRADE in Akron