Pete reviews Kurt Cobain's journals

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Re: Pete reviews Kurt Cobain's journals
>
>Regardless, it was nice to see Pete get a few thinly veiled "re-
>venge jabs" in his wonderfully written piece.

I don't know.  Isn't exactly the type of media that Pete needs at the
moment.

>Below are some beautiful examples of a defensive yet controlled Pete
>commenting on Mr. Cobain:
>

>"...the scribblings of a crazed and depressed drug-addict..."
>
>"...the resentful, childish, petulant and selfish desire to accuse,
>blame and berate the world for all its wrongs..."
>
>"...infantile scribblings..."
>
>"...the scribblings of a once beautiful, angry, petulant, spoiled,
>drug-addled middle-class white boy..."
>
>"I sometimes get letters from people who write and draw like Cobain.
>I put them in a file marked 'Loonies'..."
>
>"...gothic in its grossness."
>
>"...the striking but puerile, classroom-brat drawings..."
>
>"...his resentments, his political naivety and his extraordinary
>self-obsession...is simply sad."
>
>"...so obviously sick, so mentally deranged, so angry and unstable..."
>
>"A once beautiful, then pathetic, lost and heroically stupid boy."
>
>Woe to the next immature rock musician who decides to berate Pete.

Yep.  But, while I read the review, and particularly the lines quoted above,
I couldn't help but keep thinking that this is/can be a whole can of worms
opening.  Kind of a battle of generations, if you will.  Pete talked about
his generation.  Kurt about his.  I see Kurt as feeling this way, and thus
the reference to Pete in the first place.

Fuck.
Just when I was hoping for more of a 'come together' between the
generations.  Like, don't count the old guys out.  They may be old, but they
still rock, and have more years of practice.
This just seems to fly in the face of TKAA and what Pete and Rog have been
doing with this song over the past 2 tours.

Kevin in VT