Re: Pete's Amazing Jumping

>The earliest photographic evidence I've seen of Pete
>jumping is from one of the June '68 Fillmore West gigs.
>A series of photos from Rolling Stone magazine show
>him with an SG and both feet in the air. Not one of
>his now-classic jumps mind you, but definitely an
>airborne Pete.

Ah, Pete proto-jumps.  Did he have on his boiler suit?

> >I dunno how much video they got in those days, but I seem to recall they
>were a little amazed by their own performance at Woodstock.
>
>On *numerous* occasions, the band members have spoken
>negatively in regards to their Woodstock performance.
>Just what on earth are you talking about?

We're talking about recordings here.  I've read a couple of articles that
referenced this (don't ask me to find them now), and I think one included a
quote from Pete.  Yes, they complained about the conditions and the mud and
the acid and etc., etc., but the movie was something else.  There is a BIG
difference between The Who in the film of Monterey and in the film of
Woodstock.  Between these two performances, The Who changed from four cute
kids with a cute mini-opera into world-class rock stars.  From what the
articles said, they hadn't really noticed until they saw the film.

keets