Re: Pete's Amazing Jumping

La-La-La Lela/keets/L. Bird/whatever re:

>I certainly don't have much of an idea about this myself, but as usual, I
>don't mind discussing it. :) There were no recorded jumps in 1967, right?
>And there are in 1969.

The earliest photographic evidence I've seen of Pete
jumping is from one of the June '68 Fillmore West gigs.
A series of photos from Rolling Stone magazine show
him with an SG and both feet in the air. Not one of
his now-classic jumps mind you, but definitely an
airborne Pete.

They also capture Pete climbing (w/guitar) atop the
amp stacks. It appears that, once on top, he let his
instrument crash to the stage below and followed it
with a leap, presumably landing onto the suffering SG.
(The stage floor does not show in the photos).

>I dunno how much video they got in those days, but I seem to recall they
>were a little amazed by their own performance at Woodstock.

On *numerous* occasions, the band members have spoken
negatively in regards to their Woodstock performance.
Just what on earth are you talking about?

"I want to hump, want to jump..."
Stoo