greatest guitarists

Here's a thread that might interest some people.  Where would you put Pete in
the pantheon (AEB didn't realize I could use such words) of great guitarists?
 Feel free to do a top 10.  I won't give an opinion since I am not familiar
enough with the technical aspects of guitar to render an educated one.  Where
would you put Roger Daltrey in the hierarchy (AEB, i'm on a roll!) of rock
singers?  This one I will participate in.

1. Robert Plant (voice can simply not be matched.  Immigrant song is
incredible)
2. Roger Daltrey (amazing versatility in his prime- LROM is maybe the most
amazing display of vocal ability of all time)
3. Paul McCartney (voice is virtually perfect- always on the mark, with
excellent range)
4. Sting (some may crucify me for this, but he has a fantastic voice-
Roxanne, Message in a Bottle)
5. Stephen Tyler (definitely inspired by Plant and Daltrey, but there is a
uniquness there that is unmistakeable)
6. Jim Morrison (very unique delivery, if not the range of plant or daltrey)
7. Don Henley (this may also raise some eyebrows, but he is brilliant from
Hotel California to Life in the Fast Lane, and sounds awfully good in some
versatile solo stuff)
8. Mick Jagger (his personna and stage presence make up for a pretty average
to below average singing voice.  Not what one would consider a great vocal
range but he crystallizes the difference between singing lead and being a
lead singer.  Average for the former, amazing for the latter)
9. John Fogerty (very unconventional voice, but unique and fit perfectly with
CCR's sound.  Maybe the most unmistakeable of voices)
10. Tom Petty (maybe my judgement is clouded by my personal preference, but
again a very unique voice with pretty good range)

Feel free to rip away at my choices.  No hard feelings unless you call me
stupid and ignorant :>))

kevin mc