Re: question for all

In a message dated 3/26/02 2:49:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

> I have a couple of students who have a really solid band with a sound very
> conducive to Who material.  Good 4-piece with a good drummer and bass
> player,
> and a kick-ass guitarist.  He's really little, too.  Maybe smaller than
> Roger
> D.  Lead singer needs some work, tho.  I suggested that they work in a
> couple
> of Who covers and the drummer said they wanted to do some Who's Next stuff
> but didn't have a keyboardist and also mentioned pinball wizard.  I said
> def
> don't do pinball wiz because, IMHO, the Who themselves never really got
> that
> one right live.  Studio version is much better. I was thinkin maybe I'm
> Free
> would be good, or Amazing journey/sparks.  Any thoughts?  Which Who songs
> live are the best to showcase a really good lead guitarist?  I don't think
> Young Man Blues works because the singer couldn't pull it off.
>
> kevin mc

maybe "legal matter"? i always loved that intro. maybe "roadrunner/my
generation blues" since pete really lets it rip on that one, at least in the
"kids are alright" film.   maybe you can just let the guitarist go into an
improvised solo during SOME song. ha! like a jam.      well, that's just me.