Re: Glancing very briefly at the songs I write: Sunrise

> > "You take away the breath I was keeping for sunrise"
>
>Sounds too cliche' to me.  Taking one's breath away & all.  Not very
>original.  And what's he saying here?  Was he going to hold his breath
>until sunrise?  Exactly which one of his breaths was he saving for sunrise?
>  And how did he know it was going to be a sunrise that would take his
>breath away?  Not every sunrise is "breath-taking."

I agree that the lyrics aren't the greatest, but it's such a pretty song
that I'll forgive him.  Lovely guitar work, lovely echo.  What does that
remind me of?  The Byrds?

There are a few of these odd little numbers around in The Who's catalog.
They mostly express a sentiment, or a fleeting moment, and about all you can
say is "yes, I've felt like that" or maybe "wow, I wish I could like that"
and then go on with what you were doing.  They're just beautiful songs,
though.  Art doesn't really have to be deep and interpreted.  Sometimes it's
just a pretty picture.

keets