Glancing very briefly at the songs I write: Sunrise

	>From: Deliphus01@aol.com
	>Subject: Glancing very briefly at the songs I write: Sunrise

>As promised, here is a quick look at the song Sunrise, hopefully the first
of
>a series. Please feel free to jump in with what you've gotten out of the
>song.

What great timing!
The other night, I was again down in my basement doing work, and had Sell
Out playing loudly soa as to be heard over my ear protection.
When Sunrise came on, I removed ear protection, stopped working, and sat on
the slab floor and simply listened.

>"You take away the breath I was keeping for sunrise"
>Brilliant!

I do love this line.
I also love Pete's voice.
I think perhaps my initial non-feelings about Sunrise were due to it's odd
(?) placement in the album?  It didn't seem to fit?  Or, I was just anxious
to get back to some harder stuff that had been hinted to, and I knew was
going to follow.

>"Then again I'll turn down love having seen you again
>Once more you'll disappear
>My morning put to shame"
>
>Feeling as if he's wasted the chance to be dazzled by the sunrise, or more
>generally that he's wasting time getting excited about the return.

Oh man, I've been there before.  The trial and tribulations of the "on again
- off again" mind fuck.

>"And then again I'll turn down love
>Remembering your smile
>My every day is spent
>Thinking of you all the while"
>
>Still completely in love with her.

Even though the bitch kicked him in the balls!!!
Whoops, sorry.  Getting a bit carried away.

>"Some times I've let myself down
>My head spinning round
>My eyes seeing only you
>The chances I've lost
>Opportunities tossed away and into the blue"
>
>When he's thinking rationally, he understands the need to move on and
resents
>how he's being treated,

But now, also is beating himself up for his weakness.  (?)

>Anyone ever treated this way can instantly relate
>to the words. The rest, you lucky devils, can at least appreciate the
baring
>the soul honesty Townshend displays here.

Are guys the only fools that go through this sort of torture????

Kevin in VT