Feeling Kev's Pain and Jeff's Demise/Brian's Solos

>kevin Mc

>PS- ur also a god damn liar (Jeff) after saying you did not apologize:

I feel your pain Kev - I had quite an exciting exchange with Jeff (among
others) a while ago in regards to teenagers and liberals/conservatives.  The
discussion got a little heavy and I got some off-list replies - off-list
replies, I might add, that were much more open minded and agreeable than
what appeared on the list.  But when the venue changed back to the Who list,
I got slammed much like you did.  Maybe not as personal as the slams you
took, but slams nonetheless.  And then when I called Jeff out for basically
the same thing you did, he denied even talking to me off list.  I can't
prove that I did positively (I deleted the emails before Jeff denied being
nice to me off list) but I'm positive I bantered off list with a "Jeff"...
I don't know, I felt the same kind of backstab that Kev apparently is after
Jeff said that he never talked to me off list.  Spooky, ain't it?

Anyway, what did I miss?  Why IS Jeff being such a puss?  Over the years,
The Who Digest has had some exceptional insults, personal attacks,
narrow-minded nit picking, politial standoffs, etc, etc, complete with
hardcore indictments of individuals aplenty.  So why did Jeff all of a
sudden become so sensitive?  Did he find God?  Did his missus finally break
him?  I could be way off, but my memory of Jeff on this list is of him as
one of the more vocal and personal of the bunch...  Can take it out but
can't dish it?  Loose translation...

> > Kevin Mc, YOU should be the one who persuades him to come back! Get to
it;

> > it's on you

>> Good point. People are far more important than an opinion.

>> Jon in Mi

>Look- i never intended for jeff to leave,

Hey wait a minute.  NOBODY should be "the one" who persuades Jeff to come
back.  JEFF is the person who should persuade himself if he cares to.  I may
have missed the zinger that broke Jeff's camel back, but I didn't see
anything from KevMc in backbrowsing that would warrant such a temper tantrum
from Jeff.  IMO, Jeff's being a huge baby.  I like him, but if he wants to
suck his thumb and throw his crayons, then he's a grown man and made his
choice.  God, I love irony...

>How bout ones for being crazy?

How 'bout -

"Birds on the antenna", "Bats in the Belfry", "Your shoes are too tight",
"Elevator doesn't go to the top", "Nuttier than a shithouse rat", "I'm not
schizophrenic, but I am", or "An English Boy, KevMc and Jeff"?

>Subject: Great Guitar Solos for Brian:

1. David Gilmour - Comfortably Numb/Mother

2. Pete Townshend - Naked Eye from Isle of Wight/Song is Over (short solo
but breathtaking)

3.  Jeff Beck - Goin' Down/Beck's Bolero

4.  Jimi Hendrix - Killing Floor (Live at Winterland)

5.  Eric Clapton - Crossroads

6.  Neil Young - Ohio (killer riff)

7.  Bob Mould - Hardly Getting Over It (Husker Du live, The Living
End)/Can't You Hear Me Calling

8.  Something somewhere from Steve Howe - OH!  The Clap.

Not necessarily in that order...

Finally, what's become of this little commune we call the Who Digest?  When
did everyone find religion?  Where did freedom of opinions get lost in the
muddy mix?  An English Boy said this, and KevMc said that.  And Jeff got so
upset that he wet his pants and quit the list.  Maybe Jeff is the smartest
one of all.  I don't know.  Used to be, a comment that riled people up was
dealt with the same frankness as the comment itself, but in a respectful
light.  Anyone can call me a "dumb ass" for my opinions (just don't do it my
face if you like eating corn on the cob) and they have.  Same here; it flows
both ways.  But there's some REAL personal heat going on here that didn't
used to be.  Sure, so it goes, as Kurt V once said, but Scrade nailed it
(again) in examining AEB's apparent fascination with Kev.  That obsession is
downright spooky.  And it isn't just AEB who's doing it.  Yikes.

When we stray from Who related topics, there have been some doosies to spice
things up.  And as long as I subscribe (which may not be too long
unfortunately if this shit keeps up), I hope that off topic stuff will
continue to boil to the top.  It's fun, refreshing and challenging to get
involved in controversial topics, no doubt.  But c'mon, when did everyone's
panties get in such a bunch?  We got AEB wanting revenge for remarks about
his mom and sister when that silly controversy was settled months ago.  Jeff
can't crawl out from under his bed now, and Kev has made more public denials
than Bill Clinton.  Jesus, all I was looking for was a forum dedicated to
The Who and it's evolved (DE-volved?) into the Jerry Springer show.  It
would be worth it if Pete and Co. strutted onto the Springer stage and did a
killer set, but somehow I don't see that happening here.  Try and remember
kids, to stay alright.  I'm not about to start with that "love each other"
rubbish, but nobody here is Einstein and therefore nobody rises to greatness
and has an advantange as far as their intellect goes.  Some folks here need
to get off their high horses before the shit piles up and they can go any
further.

Peace and love all of you White City Fighters...

Jim in Colo Springs

"I kicked him in the balls and sent him off..."  PT