Ticket terrorists & Forgiveness

From: Deliphus01@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ticket terrorists & Forgiveness

>Kevin:
>
>Oh, if I'd known we were going to start speaking "legalese" I would have
>brought my lawyer.

Please.  I don't think there's any need for all that.  You've experienced
the extent of my legal education.
Just looking at the debate from a different angle.

>Well, as they say...you snooze, you lose.

Deciding to "snooze" had no effect on my ability (or lack there of) to get
the up-close seats.

 >You should have gotten the tickets
>you could and then tried for better...then scalped the first tickets. Oh,
>that's right...that would be a bad thing, wouldn't it?

Well, that's exactly what I did, and exactly what I will do if the
opportunity presents itself.
But, I'll be re-selling my original tix at cost.

>If so, by your own admission (Councilor), you CHOOSE the harm knowingly.

Mark, I had no choice in the harm (not getting up-close tickets).  What I
did choose, was not to purchase tickets that were mid-way to rear of
sections.

>> And, you're assuming the venues "do" something.
>They do. They provide a place for a concert. The venue had to be build,
>presumably financed to be built, dealt with the local zoning and permits
and
>people-who-don't-want-a-Rock-concert-near-their-house, provide vendors, and
>then HOPE they can recoup their investment.

That's not what I meant.  I was speaking in regards to contracting with
Brokers.

>I don't see why marijuana is illegal when it's about as harmful as an
aspirin
>whereas alcohol is perfectly legal in all 50 states

Not fair.  You can't use this argument against a fellow Democrat.

>Scalpers cannot be controlled;
>presumably brokers are taxed and accountable like any other business.

Ahhhh.......the legal angle, comes through in the end.

>You want to know why something exists (or isn't allowed): follow the money!

So, then there is an accountable money trail between TM and Brokers.
But we still don't know if there are pre-established contracts with Brokers,
or if Brokers have to battle with us commoners.

Kevin in VT