Re: Ticket terrorists & Forgiveness

> > I still haven't heard a reason why it's ok to outlaw scalping, yet
>brokerage is ok. I see no difference.

>But I know why: money. Scalpers cannot be controlled;
>presumably brokers are taxed and accountable like any other business.

Bingo.  Here's out prize-winner!

>We were talking about creating a shortage and then taking advantage of it.

This is a legitimate gripe.  However, it's a commonly used business tactic.
The US government, for example, can influence the value of US currency by
buying or selling it on the currency market.  OPEC can influence the price
of oil by holding oil off the market and thus causing a shortage.  Consumers
may bitch a lot, but if you want the product, you have to pay the price.
Nobody ever said that business was fair.  It's about who has the biggest
advantage.  It's competitive.

keets