JAE RIP, Who tour, Rush in Hartford etc.

Thursday night as I shaved I listened to Quadrophenia. After I was done I went
inside, I was gonna throw the Quad DVD on but I checked my email first and
found out about John Entwistle's sudden passing, I was completely shocked!
It's just setting in, I can't believe it. He was a very big part of the Who,
he was the glue that kept them together literally I think, since Keith's
passing anyway. Regarding the tour, I had immediately assumed that it would be
cancelled but later on last night we went to see Rush at the Meadows in
Hartford, Rush was awesome by the way, they did a John tribute called 'Behind
the sun and moon' that was very psychedelic, I wonder if anyone on the list
knows if that is an Entwistle composition or one of Rush' originals? Anyway, I
wore my Tommy tye-dye and I ran into a lot of fellow Who fans, 2 of which
informed me that the show must go on, which made me very happy. I do believe
in my heart that John would have wanted them to go on, and I agree with
everyone that Roger, Pete, Zak, Rabbit and the crew all have tremendous balls
to keep goin', it proves once again who is the greatest rock and roll band in
the world? Yes they are! You who are speaking ill of Pete and Roger's decision
to continue are making me sick to my stomach, you ain't no who fan! How dare
you? I never questioned their ability to continue even after Keith died! I'm
gonna go crank my Face Dances cd now, one of my favorites. I heard Billy Joel
once say that when someone dies, they don't really die. They go into the
hearts, souls and minds of everyone who loved them. That statement which I
believe to be true is the reason why the Who should continue! We will all deal
with the shock over time, I really didn't expect this myself, I saw him on the
Abbey Road tour recently and with the Who 3 times and he looked and sounded
great every time! Life is short, I live every day to the fullest! Long Live
The Who, and Long Live Rock!

FrankieDJ