Re: After the fire

From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
"I do agree completely with those who say if the band doesn't continue now, it will be over. Why is that a bad thing?"

Because Roger and Pete work well together. Because they are good at it. Because they love each other and they love working together. Because they are not dead yet. Because they have a god-given gift to make beautiful noise together, and to stop would be tragic.

"Maybe too much of my self-image depends on being right about this band being above and beyond all the others. I have no perspective right now."

Very insightful. I've felt this about myself. The COCKS theory of fan behavior is at work here ;-)

"I was more excited about seeing the other Who fans than the actual two hours of concert, and yet while I still have that aspect coming I feel empty, numb, detached, and there's a hunger. I don't know what else to call it. A desire? No, hunger is more like it. Can't say what I crave, though. I don't even know myself."

My guess is that you miss The Who. It hurts.

"We have only our own standards, and we know what we would do if the situation were ours to deal with."

We can't know what we would do in the situation, because we don't know the particulars of the situation. How do these guys feel about each other? How do they feel about Zak, Rabbit, Simon, Pino, Curbishley, Pridden, the Entwistle family, the Moon family, etc.? We don't know that. We can't know that. We can't put ourselves in their shoes.

I'm more excited now to meet up with my fellow fans. I feel closer to you all now than I did before and I want to express that warmth. I think this is a good thing.

Jeff