BBE meaning

From: Sroundtable@aol.com
"Theory- BBE is about Roger Daltrey being the most isolated member of the
Who, and often percieved as the bad guy by the others."

That's one interpretation.  It was written to fit into the Lifehouse plot as
a soliloquy for the villain.

In the CFNY context I hear it as told from the perspective of America and
the isolation and despair that some of us felt when faced with the knowledge
of how much others hate us.

Pete tossed out an interpretation a year or so ago that BBE is now about the
disconnect of western civilization from other cultures.  I thought that was
a stretch at the time, but now it seems more reasonable.

I sing this song nearly every night as a lullaby.  A few weeks ago my
daughter asked me to explain it.  My simple explanation was that it is about
the loneliness of being bad, trying to figure out why others see your
behavior as wrong, and what to do about it.  She had no idea what I was
talking about :-)

Jeff