Re: Current live bands

From: GenWalk83@aol.com
"know who else is a great live band? u2! i got their "elevation tour 2001:
Live from boston" DVD and it's just a killer. especially the scene where
itgoes from "bad" to "where the streets have no name"."

Gen,
We have this argument at my house from time to time.  Mrs. House was at the
show that was filmed for the DVD.  Her take is that it was one of the best
shows she has seen ever.  She has seen many more shows and many more bands
than I.

I saw them the night before she did and was not overly impressed.  Bono's
voice was weak the night before and I think this is the problem with U2 -
Bono *is* the band.  If he is off, the band is off.  The rest of the group
is too weak to carry the burden.

Now, The Who is quite a different story.  If Roger is having an off night,
Pete can pick up the slack and vice versa.  They are all such charismatic
talented guys that the team is much better than the sum of the parts.

This is not the case with most other bands.  They usually have one person
who is the centerpiece of the act (ala U2).

Jeff