RE:Townshend, GWB, The Tories..............does it really matter?

Hi, like many on the list I've read and / or skimmed thru some real "nasty"
stuff flying around between listees.  The political discussion(s) have
entertained, annoyed, bored, frustrated me.  The personal brickbats are
either a) just too stupid for words; b) unnecessary, we're meant to be
adults; c) just to clever for words.  I personally loved what PT's is
credited with saying about GWB, however how I feel about it ain't worth
another debate, trust me!  Also, I don't know how many listees are English /
British but I assume that the percentage is lower than our colonial cousins
who may not already know that many years ago (the exact date escapes me but
the mid-eighties) a certain Pete Townshend addresses the annual CONSERVATIVE
PARTY CONFERENCE (and at the time a person I personally consider the total
embodiment of evil was it's leader, Margaret Thatcher) and his message was
VOTE TORY!  Oh well, I remember throwing up when MY HERO went and did that,
how could he, he cared - or so I thought.  Years later I've got over the
shock and I just put it down to Pete being Pete, keeping us on our toes and
making sure that trying to second guess him is utterly pointless - he's his
own man and we can either love him or hate him, THAT'S our choice.  I've
nothing more to add and I shall now return to my "occassional contributor
status".......NM