RE: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: What if...?
>
>The holidays are fucking with Pete, too?  I thought the tone of the post
was
>very positive--Pete chattering along in the mood to work--and then here
>everybody comes along complaining.

There was definitely some "frustrations" expressed with regard to Roger.
Nothing too bad or blatant, but I read some frustration coming to the
surface.  Can't blame him if Rog is trying to convince Pete not to use The
Who for his next theme project.
But, I don't think any of it deserves any "complaining" from anyone.
We all need to be really careful.  Pete is sharing with us.  If we start to
tear everything he writes apart, he'll stop.  I think discussing it a bit
here is fine, I just hope no one wrote to Pete with a complaint.  To me,
that would be totally counter productive.

>So now likely Pete is brooding in the
>dark somewhere about how he can never please anybody, anyway, anywhere,
>anyhow, much less official critics, and we're not going to see his new
>project

I hope he doesn't pay that much attention to our blithering.  But, I can see
what you're saying.

>Pete didn't mention anything about a new album.  He was talking about a
rock
>garden.

Eh?  What rock garden?
I think it's fair to say Pete *is* eluding to a new WHO album.  He stated
that he promised Roger he would go into the studio with The Who "sometime in
the future" (yes, I know....can't believe everything Pete says...bla, bla,
bla).  Pete also stated that he wants "time off" to finish his "next
concept".  He also made it clear that there was discussion with Rog about
including The Who in his next concept, which Roger doesn't seem to want to
do.

The statement "He (Rog) did gently suggest that maybe I should avoid
involving The Who in my next concept.  I think perhaps like certain rock
critics he hasn't noticed the essential equations yet: PT brain-fart=untold
riches.  RD brain-fart=unfinished rockery."  tells me that Pete is quite
psyched about his new concept, wants to involve The Who, and believes it
would be greatly successful for The Who.

What we're seeing folks is Pete making the steps we want him to, to create a
new album, and is running into the same old critics he's always run
into....The press, and Rog.
Yeah, I see a bit of frustration.  Can't blame him.
To be clear, the tug of war between Pete and Rog has always generated great
things.  Let it happen, I say!

Kevin in VT