Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.

> There was definitely some "frustrations" expressed with regard to Roger.
> Nothing too bad or blatant, but I read some frustration coming to the
> surface.

I was surprised at the *amount* of snide comments about Roger.  I mean
Pete almost always drops a few cracks on Roger during an interview.  I'm
used to those.

But this time it seemed like Pete was.....not pissed at Roger but annoyed,
for lack of a better word.  His tone seemed to suggest Roger had backed
him into a corner.  That's why I theorized that Roger had recently talked
with Pete & gave him the "We're gettin' old..." speech.  He convinced Pete
to give him one more shot at a studio Who album.

Now I'm not saying Pete has no interest in a new studio album & is only
going to attempt one because of Roger's badgering; Pete wouldn't do it
if he was adamantly opposed to it.  So the idea must be somewhat intrigu-
ing to him.

> Can't blame him if Rog is trying to convince Pete not to use The
> Who for his next theme project.

I bet Roger was just saying that by going into the studio he didn't want The
Who wasted on a couple of tracks that Pete would then slap onto his next
theme-related release (can you say IRON MAN?).

I think Roger is being honest & up-front here.  An underlying reason also
might be that he (Roger) doesn't want Pete to waste valuable time trying to
come up with some grand, meaningful concept to build an album around.
Unrelated kick-ass songs would suit Roger & The Who (& me, too!) just
fine.

> But, I don't think any of it deserves any "complaining" from anyone.
> We all need to be really careful.  Pete is sharing with us.  If we start to
> tear everything he writes apart, he'll stop.

Life in the Information Age!!  Viewpoints immediately known!!

> I think discussing it a bit
> here is fine, I just hope no one wrote to Pete with a complaint.  To me,
> that would be totally counter productive.

Agreed - let's wait 'till we hear the album before we start complaining.
Or see the cover.

> He also made it clear that there was discussion with Rog about
> including The Who in his next concept, which Roger doesn't seem to want to
> do.

Can you say IRON MAN?

 > To be clear, the tug of war between Pete and Rog has always generated great
> things.  Let it happen, I say!

Lots of excitement being generated by this band that broke up in 1983!!
Reunion tour ('89), QUAD tour ('96), stripped-down tour ('00), & next?
A new studio album?  Is it too good to be true?

- SCHRADE in Akron