Re: WWTD: What Would Townshend Do?

> Wowb& you are truly gifted at finding ways to bring your personal politics
> into any discussion.  (Although why you feel compelled to do that in a
> forum
> established to discuss a rock band is beyond me, but thatbs OK, I guessb&)

MN:

It was when the "administration" decided to use the war on terrorists to
attack environmental activists and drug users, it set me off. I'm not sorry;
it's business of any intelligent person (and to be a Who fan implies
intelligence). These guys are scum, bottom feeders. Nazi-boys. This move
offends me to the core of my being, as it should any intelligent person.

> youbre looking for someone who is going to crack down reselling legally
> obtained property, free enterprise and making a profit, youbve got the
> wrong
> guys.

I guess that's why our civil rights have been hijacked in the name of
"national security." Oh, they talk a good game but the Micropublicans
consistently engage laws which restrict freedom...not the other guys who
rhyme with "bemocrats" as you say. Who's trying to outlaw abortion? Who's
trying to force a certain religion into schools? Etc., and so on.
And where do you think Pete Townshend would stand on this...on the side of
oppression? Not bloody likely. Daltrey? No way! John Entwistle, maybe...I
haven't seen any interviews to give me an idea. But as he's a working class
hero, I'd guess no.
And Townshend's music is often political...need I mention Won't Get Fooled
Again?

      ''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe
            and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
                          George "I know what I mean" Bush

                      Cheers                        ML