Re: Bjorn - Bell Boy, Bell Boy....

>after all - we hear and accept the 'message', are due for something new?
>Maybe it is time to put the past to rest - 25 years and all, and to move
>on. maybe we should stop accepting the rehash from some guys who don't like
>to practice,

What that means is that they're generally ragged at the beginning of a tour,
not that they won't play something they've not done in a long time (or
ever).  They did "Happy Jack," for instance, at SBE in 1999, apparently
without ever having run through it with Zak.  The look on his face is
priceless.

>so they give us nothing new or suprising (ok - I didn't like the new Kids
>are alright as played last time around). In my job, which pays a shit load
>less than say the Roling stoned or the Who? U2, etc. If I
>rested on my past record, I'd be tossed out after a year or two.
<snip>Demand something new from The Who, or accept them into quiet
retirement once and for all -

Are you complaining because there's nothing new that you like?  That's a
little different from nothing new at all.  Did you enjoy "Crossroads Now?"

About the setlist, they've said that the structure is pretty much fixed.
There are certain songs they have to play in order to satisfy the majority
of fans.  This leaves a few holes where they can put in less well-known
numbers for the folks who like rarities.  New music invariably makes the
audience head off on a beer run, so it will likely be stuck onto the end of
something else.

All this has nothing at all to do with what's available in their repertoire,
or how much they've practiced.  They've never liked to do that.

keets