Re:raw and powerful

In a message dated 02/17/2002 5:04:27 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Raw and powerful and rock will be okay with me.  I don't think they should
> do it because it's a trend, though.  They'll have to do something they all
> like, or as Roger said, they'll end up dumping it in the trash bin.

YES!!  You hit it on the head.  Raw and powerful is what sets the who apart
and it is also what sells today.  I've said this before:  the who's sound is
a modern one and one that has contributed to the sounds of many bands
recording today.  I for one want to hear some dramatic stuff from the band
that really founded the hard rock genre.  Those on this list may be bored
with baba o'riley because it was so popular, but whenever non-who friends of
mine are in my car, and many are 19 or 20 yrs old, they always say, "Play
that really great who song."  I instantly know they want BOR and when i play
it they get fired up.  The new album needs a couple of heavy weight tunes
like this, along with some more creative stuff that pushes the envelope- as
the who did from 65-78.

kevin mc