Re: Entwistle responds to high ticket prices?

In a message dated 2/18/02 12:30:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
brianinatlanta2001@yahoo.com writes:

> Dear Ken,
>
> I understand your frustration at the higher ticket
> prices.  However, consider that the musicians are not
> the only ones involved in setting ticket prices, it's
> also a decision of their management and the promoters
> of the tour.  Further, from what I've seen the best
> seats on the last tour generally went for $150-$200
> anyway, it's just that their face value was $80 which
> goes to the box office and the rest went to ticket
> agencies or scalpers.  Some bands get a lot of credit
> for keeping their prices low (which means $60 - $80
> these days) but very few fans actually pay those lower
> rates by the time they get their ticket.

John, (if thats your name)

go stick one of your lit cigarettes up your ass and listen up,

you mean to tell me no one would pay that $60-$80 price? I think you're in
neverland.    by the way, I think the money goes to you. i've noticed you've
been growing a huge gut since the last tour.  I suggest you and the who be
like your "friends" pearl Jam and protest these rediculous prices.  give back
to the fans for a change.  for if it weren't for your fans, you wouldn't be
here today. you never got a fuckin no. 1 hit so you definitely didn't survive
with a top hit on your hands.    for a "quiet one", you really have a "noisy
ego".      i'm sure you're used to playing in front of half empty concert
halls, but I doubt daltrey and townshend does.