Re: Swined by the Swine!

Sorry to dissagree with some comments here - they could be the exceptions
that prove the rule.

As to these stories of todays youth being morally different than 'us', well
in the late 70's and early 80's I worked in the juvenile justice system
here in Canada and guess what - I saw then what you discuss now - and in
the mid 70's as a high school kid, I partied and got lucky with a far
number of fellow teens - usually with some kind of protection, but not
always - after all as a teen, it couldn't happen to me.

Stats show that violent crime among the youth is dropping - what we are
seeing is an intense focus by the press on fewer examples with more gore
and shock values.

You can also find groups who abstain too - look for the friendship braclets
on teens.

Steve