Re: Moving forward

They really are playing quite well on this tour, Mark.  Believe
me, I'd be the first to be critical if they weren't.

Scott:

I don't doubt it; I believe what you and the others who have raved about the shows say. However, as the last few days on this list have seen (finally some honesty!), This Who ain't THE Who, no matter how good they may be. I would have rather seen something else emerge and be successful, which I believe is entirely possible as these guys are able (obviously). Let's take Plant and Page for an example...the first album wasn't too good, because there was a lot of Zeppelin songs on it. It tended to highlight what they were no longer able to do. The best songs were the new ones. Then they recorded Walking To Clarksdale, a vastly superior collection of songs. Why? Because they weren't trying to be what they no longer were! And that should be the lesson of the day for Who's Left.

All I know is that they flew planes into buildings.

Right. Their intent is to take away our lifestyle. And guess what...they're succeeding. I don't want them to succeed. They don't deserve to.

I've been in.  It's a religious war.

Not really. Laden is using that whip to drive his ignorant followers, but even he doesn't believe that. His biggest complaint is that the US withdrew aid. Why did he take our aid against Russia if we're infidels? He took it readily enough then, didn't he? He's a two bit Hitler who got lucky, and if we had gone in immediately and wiped him and his main henchmen out, that would have pretty much solved that problem. It would hurt to rid the country of illegals, either, just in case. But instead we've got as many troops over there as at any time, costing billions we don't have and bringing us no closer to a solution.

in our country or attempting to get in.  We must not allow these
"diverse" religious extremists the "freedom" to blow us up.

We can't allow them to win, either. And if we make this a police state, they've won.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

I agree. We need to destroy the people responsible and not send our troops to every country they might be in and leave them there indefinitely. We can't afford it. We'll spend ourselves into a third world country. In the meantime, whenever we do this it makes us more enemies to deal with in the future. Where is the victory in that?

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML