Re: Disappointment with The Who, A Wack-a-doo & Progression VS regression

>Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:56:28 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>
>Wo!  Now *I* just made 20 bucks.
>
>Alan:
>
>I suppose as a fellow Texan you feel you must support him...

Heavens, man, that's the kind of blind group loyalty that can get one
hauled up on charges these days ("we will ONLY hire Texans for this
position...").  To my sorrow, there are plenty of fellow Texans out there
who are clueless on about any subject you'd care to name. In fact, I don't
agree with Bush's prosecution of the War on Terrorism (post to follow).

>but YES, Bush is responsible for this shit economy and meaningless war we
>find ourselves in.

I'm still not convinced that whoever happens to be occupying the White
House is truly responsible for the economy during their watch, but in my
lifetime it seems that Democrat Presidents buy votes and goodwill by
expanding government entitlement programs (i.e., handing out more loot) and
then Republican Presidents try to scale them back and get blamed for
turning off the "free money".  My fictional "bet" was just that you'd take
an opportunity to shoehorn in a swipe at Bush regardless of relevance.

>Yes, I am what I am online and in person, exactly...as those who have met
>me can testify, even Alan if he cares to admit it.

I'm not sure why I should have the honor of "reference of last resort", but
yes, I think Mark is honest and sincere in his beliefs, even the mistaken
ones, and his posts are reflective of his actual personality.

ObWho: I met Mark at the Molly Wee at a 1996 Pre-show.

Cheers,

Alan
R. I. P. Ox
John Entwistle 1944 - 2002