Re: reviews

Schrade said "Mustn't defame the sanctity of the original group, apparently.
Never mind the
fact that people in all walks of life have to "carry on" in some form or
another every day.  Are we supposed to hold Rock bands to a higher moral
level in this regard?  Is that before or after the drug use, drunkenness,
debauchery, & Satan-worshipping?"

Yup.  He seems to want to objectify and idealize the artist/celebrity.  This
is very similar thinking to Mark's "legacy" idea.  Here's a sample from
Mark:  "Instead I guarantee the more music they release from the new tours,
the less we'll ever see from the Moon period."

Revisiting the past would not be a healthy reaction to John's death.

The band and their principal partners are doing exactly what they should be
doing now:  living in the present as much as they can.  It is clear from
their performances that they are doing just that.  Releasing recordings of
the present day performances is another great example that they are
concentrating on the present.  If they went back and started wading through
past shows, they would get bogged down in nostalgia.  They need to keep
moving forward.  Some day when they are truly finished, the time would be
right to go back and mine the vaults of live recordings.

Jeff