Quadrophenia and pete

Quad has been in my car stereo for the last few weeks, and have come to a
conclusion:  this is the most amazing accomplishment in the rock genre of all
time.  The complexity of the arrangements and the musical skill shown boggles
the mind.  It took me awhile to appreciate how incredible it is.  I suppose
sometimes it takes many repetitions to get it.  I used to put Who's Next
first, but Quad is now easily #1.  It showcases the genius of all four
members better than any Who work, IMHO.  Roger's singing is downright
amazing- he's the only one who could pull off LROM like that.  Incredible
versatility throughout the album.  Can do an almost childlike voice then rip
into an aggressive, angry mode (the real me, e.g.) and be awesome at both.
John's bass is very prominent and adds a dimension to the songs that only he
can add.  IMO, Keith's drumming in Quad is the best on any studio album I
have ever heard.

Pete's voice, guitar, piano, synth, and of course, the concept itself is
beyond description.  I can't get tired of quad no matter how much i play it.
Pete Townshend, IMHO, is the most talented rock musician of all time.  No
other artist has the full package of skill (piano, guitar, bass, synth,
banjo, and prob any other instrument), vocal ability- downright beautiful,
and songwriting/musical arrangement.  Quad is my evidence.

Any thoughts??

kevin mc

"Can't we all just get along?"       -Rodney King