Re: Pete's Amazing Jumping

> >Then why didn't Roger jump, as well?  It's obvious in the WHO ROCKS video
>that he was capable of it.
>
>Well, given your own premise that performaers tend to develop their
>abilities, why indeed?  I can think of a couple possibilities: A) Pete
>thought of it first, and Roger didn't want to cop the move; B) Roger
>considered it but rejected it for some reason.  One that suggests itself is
>that it's much harder to jump around while singing than while playing
>gittar.

I thought this was the point where we were (somewhat) in disagreement.

If Roger wanted to jump while he was singing, he could do that about as well
as he could jog while he was singing--or he could jump around during guitar
solos instead of twirling the mike.  Roger's just not built to jump and Pete
is.  Think about all those guys who jump during the Olympics.  Do any of
them look like Roger?  How many look more like Pete?  :)

> >So all of it was likely because Tom Wright wanted better pictures?  :)
>You never know what really sparks an idea.
>
>While Tom has an excellent eye and I'm sure he appreciated the better
>photos, Pete was driving the bus.  Tom was a willing accomplice in Pete's
>refinement of his own stage presentation.

I dunno how much video they got in those days, but I seem to recall they
were a little amazed by their own performance at Woodstock.

keets