Re: pete in ICE

> 1."I had more or less stopped writing songs for the who when i began my solo
> career"------this explains face dances and its hard huh??

Pete's trying to wiggle away from the blame-game regarding those last two studio
albums.  In other words, he's saying, "Those last two Who albums were bad be-
cause I was concentrating on my *solo* writing rather than my *Who* writing."

This may have some truth to it, however, the fact remains that he *did* write the
majority of the songs on those last two studio Who albums, whatever frame of
mind he was in.

And if he went about it in a half-assed manner because he felt his solo writing
should've been given priority then that's even more disappointing than just not
being able to come up with a batch of good Who songs.

Maybe Pete's above statement should read - "I had more or less stopped writ-
ing *good* songs for The Who when I began my solo career."

> 2. why did pete pick u2 to pick on???

Because they're the current king of the hill in Rock music.

- SCHRADE in Akron