Re: pete in ICE

pete said bout u2:

"I had more or less stopped writing songs for the who when i began my solo
career in earnest with empty glass. But with the first scoop, i wanted to
show that i had a private life in my studio and home-i loved what i did. i
still love what i do in my home studios. such things are common now, and i
think i helped make home studios what they are today, both by helpin develop
the portastudio and encouraging musicians to prove their work on demos before
going into the big studio. bands like U2 have always been the exception to
this, but i still find myself interested more in solitary composers than
group descoveries."

2 questions:

1."I had more or less stopped writing songs for the who when i began my solo
career------this explains face dances and its hard huh??

2. why did pete pick u2 to pick on???

-Pilam