portsmouth #2

In a message dated 04/20/2002 6:54:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > The concert sounded great, though.
>
> Are you sure? I've heard it wasn't so hot.

Actually, I was commenting on how good the Who sounded, not the bootleg
quality.  Portsmouth #1 was a bad recording- audience blocked an awful lot of
the sound of the band, plus there is one obnoxious person clapping in rhythm
on every song when others were not.  Real distant sounding.  Portsmouth #2
sounds much better- very little interference from crowd.  You get a good
indication of how "on" the band was that night, and Roger's voice isn't lost
too badly.  Watford sounds even better.  Are the acoustics better there than
Portsmouth?  Anyway, I have Watford in the car and am thoroughly enjoying it.
 Roger's scream in WGFA is awesome and YMB is searing.  I think relay is in
that show, but not sure.  In the end, i have little experience with bootlegs
so my judgement on quality is limited.  I'll say this, the Watford boot is as
good, IMO, as Amsterdam 69.

mc

"Can't we all just get along?"       -Rodney King