Re: agree on YBYB

> Look, we agree on yet another Who issue.  I can't deal with YBYB in ANY
> context.  It revs up with a pretty unique intro then goes absolutely nowhere.
>  Roger's vocals flat suck.  Not his voice, per say, but just how he attacks
> the song.

It's not one of my favorite songs but I did appreciate the new phrasing Daltrey
was using in 1999 & 2000.  If you have BLUES TO THE BUSH compare it
to the studio version - especially the lines "I showed up late one night with a neon
light for a visa / But knowing I'm so eager to fight can't make letting me in any
easier."  He does a nice register-climb up on the first sentence & then back down
on the second.  Nicely done, I thought.  Keeping it fresh.

- SCHRADE in Akron