Re: WAY as worst album by a great band

Scott Schrade wrote:

> > Just an observation: have you ever seen a 31 year-old person who aged as
> > quickly as keith

> I've told this story before but when I was a young lad, before getting into The Who,
> my older brother owned a copy of WAY & I would look at the cover & wonder
> why that old guy sitting in the chair was in this band when he looked as if he could
> be the *father* of any of the other members.  And "Why is he dressed like that?"
> I would ask myself.  I could sense even then that there was something bizarre about
> this guy.  Little did I know.

In 1978 I was 29, just about Keith's age, and yes, I was shocked
at his physical appearance because three years earlier when I met &
sat for several hours drinking and talking with Keith at TheRainbow
on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, he was in fine shape.

IMO, Pete looks pretty ragged, too.

AnEnglishBoy~