Re: Who's worst? - WBN

At 21:20 6-4-02 -0500, ? wrote:

> > Tiger Beat, er...I mean ROLLING STONE magazine recently ran an article
> about
> > bad albums by good bands.  For some inexplicable reason, "The Who by
> Numbers"
> > was featured in the article.

IMO; it's The Who's most underrated album.

>But you're right.  It's not a *bad* album.  It's a "lighter" Who album &
>much of the
>subject matter is somewhat......uncomfortable?  Too depressing?  Too
>honest?  Still,
>there's some great songs on there.

It's The Who "Unplugged".

>I would think WHO ARE YOU would be jumped on as the ultimate bad Who album.
>But like I said....I'm not surprised WBN was chosen.

WAY is my current favourite. It's much louder, harder and in y'r face.
Comes closer to hard rock / arena rock. Also, optimal use of synthesizers
and Moonie's drumming is amazing. Love the bonus tracks on the re-issue
(though they are more of the "soft kind" of songs for that album). "Empty
Glass" is one of my favourite (though unfinished) Who songs. Sensitive and
raw. And awesome drumming...

Bjorn