Re: Who's In The News

>Scott  "Pete says he feels a bit awkward about doing this show because,
>compared to the tragedy itself, Rock & Roll seems unimportant & naive."
>
>It is difficult to put a rock show in any sort context with 6,000  deaths.
>The only context I can feel is pure escapism.

That may be what people are doing.  I think I heard one quote where somebody
said they needed music to keep their mind off the tragedy.  Still, it looks
like music has turned out to be important to people, whether for escapism or
for inspiration.  The recent telethon seemed very reverent and very
patriotic, if anyone missed it.  That was a miscellany of pop, rock, country
and whatever, but they all managed to handle the task.

I'm not sure why Pete says he feels awkward, but if he does, he does. But
saying that rock and roll is uninportant in this context is to say that it
has a frivolous message.  I don't think that's necessisarily so, especially
for The Who music.  Pete's done a better job than he knows.

keets