Re: Who's In The News

> I'm not sure why Pete says he feels awkward, but if he does, he does. But
> saying that rock and roll is uninportant in this context is to say that it
> has a frivolous message.  I don't think that's necessisarily so, especially
> for The Who music.  Pete's done a better job than he knows.

Yeah but I'm sure you must understand what he's saying.  Out of respect for
the dead (& their families) it might seem more appropriate to quietly donate
some money rather than trying to initiate that reaction in others by playing
on a stage, amidst all the spectacle that a rock concert contains, in front of
a crowd of cheering people.

But then again Live Aid was brought about by death, too.  Death from famine.
Many people are asking:  Is it OK to laugh yet?  Should we still feel guilty about
being entertained?  I guess Pete's asking himself:  Is it OK to rock yet?  And
the fans have to ask themselves that same quesion.  Is it OK to rock yet?

- SCHRADE in Akron