We've lost a friend

I wanted to wait for the right time to post this - when the political
bickering died down.  Our Who friend Janice Jenkins (WanChef@aol.com), a
frequent poster to this list, passed away on September 4.  There is a
memorial for Janice at this site:  http://cushings-help.com/memoriam.htm and
a picture on the pop up of her friend Lesley's band www.glittermini.com .
She is also featured on the Fan Foto Page at www.johnentwistle.com .   I
never met Janice in person, but we got to know each other from this list.
We corresponded for a couple of years, she sent me pictures of mail she got
from Pete, pictures of scrap books from the 70s, and my pictures of JAE and
me on his 2001 tour (the show I met Bjorn at in Portland, ME).  We talked
about our experiences on the 2000 tour, mine at Tweeter Center, hers at
Shoreline.  She and her husband Adrian were big S.F. Giants fans, I'm a huge
N.Y. Met fan, we had a lot of fun during the baseball playoffs last year.
Earlier this year when she was diagnosed with this rare form of cancer we
talked about specific Who songs to help her get better, but I never thought
there was a chance we'd lose her.

Yesterday I got the Royal Albert Hall DVD and have watched it over and over.
When you watch this DVD or Quad, or listen to LALD, please take a moment and
think of our friend Janice.  I'm sure she's watching and listening with us.

Rick in Maine