Re: We've lost a friend

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Beal <richardbeal@att.net>
To: <TheWho@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 10:30 PM
Subject: We've lost a friend

> I wanted to wait for the right time to post this - when the political
> bickering died down.  Our Who friend Janice Jenkins (WanChef@aol.com), a
> frequent poster to this list, passed away on September 4.  There is a
> memorial for Janice at this site:  http://cushings-help.com/memoriam.htm
and
> a picture on the pop up of her friend Lesley's band www.glittermini.com .
> She is also featured on the Fan Foto Page at www.johnentwistle.com .   I
> never met Janice in person, but we got to know each other from this list.
> We corresponded for a couple of years, she sent me pictures of mail she
got
> from Pete, pictures of scrap books from the 70s, and my pictures of JAE
and
> me on his 2001 tour (the show I met Bjorn at in Portland, ME).  We talked
> about our experiences on the 2000 tour, mine at Tweeter Center, hers at
> Shoreline.  She and her husband Adrian were big S.F. Giants fans, I'm a
huge
> N.Y. Met fan, we had a lot of fun during the baseball playoffs last year.
> Earlier this year when she was diagnosed with this rare form of cancer we
> talked about specific Who songs to help her get better, but I never
thought
> there was a chance we'd lose her.
>
> Yesterday I got the Royal Albert Hall DVD and have watched it over and
over.
> When you watch this DVD or Quad, or listen to LALD, please take a moment
and
> think of our friend Janice.  I'm sure she's watching and listening with
us.

> Rick in Maine

    Hello Rick:

    I don't really post much on the mailing list, but have read all of them
almost everyday for the last couple of years that I've been on, and I do of
course recognize Janice's e-mail address listed above.  That's soooooooooo
cool that you two got to know each other more closely like that!!
    I'll be thinking of her as well!

Rock on!

Joe Manfredi