Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #230

><< You hit the nail on the head. No other band, including the vaulted
>Beatles, were trying to do more than write entertainment EXCEPT The Who,
>who were trying their damnest to take music up a level to a spiritual
>plane.
>  >>

>I'm a big Who and Beatle fan..BUT for you to say that The Beatles were
>writing for entertainment is in my judgement..... INCORRECT.
>Deni

That's the purpose of pop music, isn't it?  As opposed to say, rock (using
Mark's definition) or rap, that are more socially conscious?  The Beatles do
tend to the sweet melodies and catchy lyrics that are associated more with
pop.

BTW, are The Beatles more a woman's group than a mans'?  Pop leanings would
tend to predict that.

keets