Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #230

L. Bird wrote:

> That's the purpose of pop music, isn't it?  As opposed to say, rock (using
> Mark's definition) or rap, that are more socially conscious?  The Beatles do
> tend to the sweet melodies and catchy lyrics that are associated more with
> pop.

Let's not confuse the fact that there were two very distinct
groups called TheBeaTles, IMO, and Lennon fronted the
Rock band version, while Macca fronted the PoP band
version.

Whilte Macca was singing PoP,

"Hello Goodbye, Hello Goodbye,"

Lennon was raging on with thought provoking Rock,

"Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye.
Corporation Tshit, stupid Bloody Tuesday, man you've
been a naughty boy you let your face grow long!"

All on different side of the same 45 rpm single.

> BTW, are The Beatles more a woman's group than a mans'?  Pop leanings would
> tend to predict that.

Only until we guys heard those incredible guitar sounds and
rushed out to get an electric guitar and some lessons, ASAP!

AnEnglishBoy~