Re: MSG Performance

> > Do you think John and Pete turned up from the stage?
>
>Sure.  Men like to adjust things.

F$#king dang blasted sound crew!  I can't even hear myself play.  I'll just
turn up a little here...   Meanwhile the sound crew is trying valiantly to
sort it all out, right?  <grin>

>No way!  Daltrey would never interupt his performance to give someone in
>the band a mean look.  Not if it was going to affect his delivery
>(vocal-wise or harmonica-wise).  Besides, you're biased because you like
>his butt!

Couldn't see his butt in that shot.  Did catch a nice glimpse of it later,
though.  Also, a great shot of Pete's bellybutton.  But you're just trying
to distract me from the subject at hand, aren't you?  :)

I'm no expert on how this goes together, but seems to me the harmonica is
syncopated around what John plays.  I'll have to go listen to it a few more
times and see if I can figure it out.  I'm sure Roger is waiting for them to
get organized, though.  He holds that note the second time.

>And it gave Daltrey something to gage his vocals against.  A guide if you
>will. Sadly, it didn't help very much.

No, and it looked like Pete was about as loud as he could get, too.  Awful
sound.

> > Like somebody else recently said, the snafus are more fun than a tight
>show.
>
>Who wants perfection?  Life's not perfect.  We want passion.  And power.

Hear, hear!!

> > I don't know that it's censoring.  There was some discussions on the
>lists that indicated folks thought it would be inappropriate.
>
>Well, then why didn't they leave out the "They're all wasted" part in B'OR?
>Any Who song must stand on its own merits.  The Who wouldn't gear or adjust
>any lyrics to fit a certain event.  Atleast I hope they wouldn't.  Would
>they? Nah.  Daltrey just missed it, that's all.

Pete trashes lyrics and makes up new ones wholesale.  What's one line?

:)
keets