Concert for NY- from someone who was there (Kevin Mc)

I spent nearly $1200 on a 27 hour visit to New York City (my first), but I
only needed 30 minutes.  My seat wasn't great, but it was dead straight on to
the stage so I could see it all.  As some of you may remember, this was also
my first time seeing The Who live.  The cost of the weekend was the fucking
bargain of my life.  I had no idea that Pete could still go all out like
that, and Roger can still (almost) hit all the notes and whip the mike around
like he was 21.  The magic fingers of the Ox, on loan from God, we in vintage
form.  Rabbit and Zak did exactly what they should have done- play great and
stay out of the way.  The most satisfying part of it all was that the Who
performed with maybe the greatest single show line-up in music history and it
was NO CONTEST.  And EVERYONE was saying it after the show.  The crowd stood
the entire half hour and felt the shere power of the performance.  Roger's
harmonica solo at the end of Baba O'Riley was god damn incredible, too.  I'll
give a more detailed review of the show tomorrow, including McCartney's awful
finale- right now it's almost 3am and I got to teach tomorrow.  In the end,
when people reflect on this concert many years from now, it will be the Who
they will have to mention first.  I'm only sorry that I didn't make to BB's
in time to catch the end of the JEB show.  I don't think there can be any
question now for anyone WHO the greatest rock n roll band of all time IS!!

Yours in Who-ness,

Kevin Mc