Re: Pete and the Siege Theme

> > Roger did say that the MG jam at Manchester was his song "Crossroads
>Now."  What if they never do a studio recording of that song?  Will the
>critics ever notice it?
>
>That's still not a song yet.  I know it's been referred to as a "song," &
>it *is* *somewhat* structured, but it's only been presented as a "segment"
>in the MG jam.

It was unstructured for most of the tour, but they nailed it pretty damn
well at Manchester.  I agree that the lyrics could be expanded quite a bit,
as most of it was instrumental, but I think they should do more heavily
instrumental numbers.  They would orchestrate very well.  :)

BTW, what would the critics think if The Who released an entirely
instrumental album?  Wouldn't that throw everybody for a loop?

>The only thing that'll raise the critic's eyebrows is Daltrey introducing a
>song on tour as "a new one."  That dreaded introduction where Daltrey
>thinks everyone heads to the terlits.  And most probably will.

I suspect he's noticed they do that, and he'll avoid the deadly wording from
now on.  ;)

keets