RE: Bass the Bass; addenum

> Elvis Presley's Bassist (stand up bass)

Greg:

VERY good! And as far as I know, he was the first bassist to really bring
the sound of the bass guitar beyond a mere backing instrument, although
there may be some Jazz player I'm not aware of.

Also, not as far back in time, but if anyone likes jazz and a great bassist
as well,
I highly recommmend Jimmy 'Flim' Johnson, a studio and live bassist who does
quite melodic stuff on bass for his group, Flim and the BB's (jazz not rock,
of course), has extensive studio credits for all kinds of artists, and to my
knowledge, played in Joan Rivers band for her TV show.  Not loud or rocky
like John, but a heck of a great bass guit player...

Greg A.