Re: Bass the Bass; White trash; "Freak me out, Frank"

> Elvis Presley's Bassist (stand up bass)

Greg:

VERY good! And as far as I know, he was the first bassist to really bring
the sound of the bass guitar beyond a mere backing instrument, although
there may be some Jazz player I'm not aware of.

> I'll rip Mark's Who = Rock = England argument later.

Jeff:

You're an optimist.

> on here.       "white trash rock" comes from the south and/or the midwest.

Gen:

HEY! There is white trash everywhere. Just watch Jerry Springer and you'll
see! You're being sucked in by the stereotypes like Jesse Ventura or Jerry
Falwell etc. etc.

> You fell into my little trap on this one, my friend.

Jeff:

No chance. And BTW you missed the Harry Potter reference. Haven't you taken
Tenley to see it yet? SHAME!

> "Freak Out" was recorded before MG was recorded. MG could not have
> influenced MG.

Unless Zappa saw The Who perform it when he visited England in June of
1965...oooh, what would that mean?

> Do you define "Freak Out" as ROCK?

Some of it. Some of it's Jazz. Some of it's `50's Doo Wop.

Parallel evolution, my friend.

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML