Who albums selling big?

>They can't retire. It's who they are. If I were them I'd be like John
lee Hooker and just play until it's all over. (they can sit down when
they're 80 and do blues and stuff.) Not to mention they don't
need the mainstream audience anyway (even though their album(s) are
selling like mad.).

Here's an interesting comment from alt.music.who.  There have been a
couple of others similar.  I don't know where folks are getting their
sales hearsay, but I did go out to the cd store today and the clerk
didn't seem at all surprised when I asked for The Who.  A couple of
years ago, I'd definitely have had to go with the comedy routine:
"Who?" "The Who." "The Who?" "Yeah, them."

No sign of LALDE, but the 1995 remaster was discounted.  DE may have
been sold out, as someone on alt.music.who said HMV had restocked 14
times with 100 cd orders--it's definitely moving.  Pickings at the
store were kind of slim compared to the number of copies usually in the
bins.  I also picked up a copy of RAH on VHS tape and QUAD on DVD.
There were lots of copies of QUAD--great to see that Rhino is pushing
it--but definitly they should have had THE WHO'S QUADROPHENIA in big
letters across the front.  Who knew, though?

There was only the one copy of RAH in the store.  I think that's a
distribution problem rather than high sales.  Are the stores
conservative about ordering it?  It's hard to find.

:)
LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://personals.yahoo.com